7.04.2005

Darts of Pleasure



I am shown here with Ry The Scot and the house darts, but I have secured my own set (Pirahna II 90% Tungsten Steel Tip Darts with English flag flights) and have been getting tips from Jonathon--a member of the team @ the Winchester. I have been trying different things for my aim and shot as I'm right handed and left-eye dominant. It can make things difficult. Well yesterday I stumbled upon a line-up/stance/aim that is working for me.

Its the basic fencing stance, lining up with the flight vertical instead of horizantal, and throwing with a slight arc. And it is fucking slick if I do say so myself. :wink:

I have been asked to join the team but I'm still wanting to practice more before I try my hand @ the real thing. Alot of the games are based on math and so that makes me a complete sped so I'll just keep rockin' it amateur style for now. Needless to say that was alot of my weekend.

But as it is Monday the 4th of July and I'm up before noon--this was due to the morning of KEOKI that I had @ shampoo yesterday. KEOKI was the last to go on @ 5am--and 5 million red bulls kept me and Stefan aloft enough to watch most of his set before entering the daylight and heading home. I started dancing in the main room, went to drum and bass for a few minutes (drum and bass aka Spazzes on crack requires about a 2 minute spazz out and then a break so it was all good), then finally got down to WINK in the outside tent. WINK was bloody amazing. He was SOOOOO good it was awesome. After I yelled to him that he fucking rocked and he gave me a thumbs up, Ry The Scot took his shore leave and Sausalito and I went back inside for the KEOKI countdown.

D-FUSE was spinning techno/trance/progressive so I would dance but kept trying to conserve my energy for KEOKI. When he finally came on it suddenly went from club scene to concert--the people were below the DJ booth just watching him--b/c he does the SUPERSTAR thang well and spins while singing along to the songs he's playing, jumping up on the shelves and rockin out. He didn't do the mash-up thing and go from song to song frantically like his CD's, but took the tempo down and played Electro that was brilliant. The 5 million red bulls came back to haunt me and we left a few mins before his set was over. Into the daylight, into the streetlight, I came home and crashed out until noon (insomnia or just amped from the morning's events).

Had breakfast @ North Third and then headed to the WINCHESTER to learn the patented "manchester mary" style of throwing, came home to play TEKKEN, watch SHAUN OF THE DEAD, and pass out by midnight if not before. But this was all AFTER LIVE 8--which I didn't even make it to. Ended up watching MTV's coverage on Beth and Wayne's deck and going to bed by 5pm to get up for BANG! All worth it. So very very worth it.

GWEN STEFANI's new video came on--she is so fucking pretty. Christ. Which reminds me in the past 2 nights I've (IN MY DREAMS):
=kissed 2 girls
=fought with the Ex
=hung out with Jamil, A & E, Keg-Leg, Johnny, and Lido @ a hotel while they were preparing for someone's wedding
=tried to get tickets for some show but can't remember which one
=made out with the new beau but still haven't gone past 3rd base

And I shall say no more...

Except that my manager from GENE'S BOOKS (the best job I ever had) is FINALLY opening her own store. I can't wait to go out and see it. Let's hope she needs someone to work there!!! :fingers crossed:

And with that I take my leave.
++++++end of transmission+++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home