4.25.2004

I drank with Mark Millar!!!

Oh yes, tis true mateys. I have NEVER read any MILLAR in my entire comic book reading career, but he has become a fave of mine in the comics world.
And oh yeah, I sat next to Bill Jemas--and thought he was a really cool guy.
Basically it went like this: DYNAMIC FORCES put together a fan fest which involved some comic greats. The after-con get together was auctioned off the little people and JD won me and him a spot in the little contrived soiree. It started out just like any high school dance would--the cool kids and the "fan boys that won the auction"...but as the night wore on and Ze Brickthrower started drinking HEINIKEN, the conversation just got better and better. And finally MILLAR and MACLAUGHLIN planned a little revolt involving heading to another bar down the street. With 2 of the other 4 winners, QUESADA (and his wife?), JEMAS, MILLAR and the JD/Brickthrower collective hung out and drank with these comic book big wigs. It was insane!!!! Was I starstruck? Beyond words? Did I help my once arch-rival change his cell phone personal greeting to "DC STILL SUCKS," you bet I did! MILLAR totally impressed me with his story-telling and the promise of one free drink per correct question answered in "ULTIMATES QUIZ 2004," an epic battle pitted against me and MILLAR set for WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO this August. Having a Scottish accent always helps men...MILLAR knows this and exploits it.
JEMAS--questioned me about my poetry and promised to email me (probability--slim to none--I'm expecting nothing with the hopes to be presently surprised).
The show itself was a little dull--first time show so there were obvious kinks. Multiple rooms being one. Me not talking to CHAYKIN enough was another. A long day that was greatly rewarding at the end... I got some decent stuff signed. I also had MICHAEL AVON OEMING say happy birthday to Ms. Irate on my cell phone. It was much to much of a day. And only a small portion of my friends will have any idea or even care.
On another note--I got Ms. Irate's prezzie for her birthday tomorrow and spent more time wrapping it then I did buying it. I'm also still completely obsessed with the NEW WAVE CHANNEL on digi cable and hoping to get laid sometime soon.
JACK DANIELS--my new favorite drink. JD + Diet DP=Heaven!

++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home