4.17.2004

Notes on the crew of THE BELOVED SIDNEY
By Manchester Mary, Scourge of the Seven Seas (and captain)

Members of the crew:
1-Manchester Mary, Captain. I was on the crew of the DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS for 10 years, working my way up through the ranks until I inherited a large sum of money from a secret benefactor and was able to purchase my own ship. Scourge of Seven Seas is my nickname, as my name is known far and wide as one of the deadliest and ruthless females on the sea.

2-Lefty Joves, 2nd Mate/coxswain/personal bodyguard/personal concubine. Lefty was first mate of the ship for quite a while, but his deteriorating vision has forced him to move down to 2nd Mate. This "demotion" is only in name as he has stayed my companion and lover, and is known by all the crew as the muscle on the ship. The position of 1st Mate in currently unoccupied but I am reviewing my shipmates for possible replacements.

3-Keg-Leg Kelley, lietenant/sailing master. Keg-Leg was a member of DREAD PIRATE ROBERT's crew but was relieved of her duties from excessive drinking. When I purchased the ship, I asked her to join my crew and we christened her "THE BELOVED SIDNEY" in memory of Keg-Leg's Rotty/German Shephard mix that perished in a firew. It does not help that she lost her leg in a cannon malfunction and had a prosthetic fitted that can be most accurately described as a giant flask on her leg, where she carries ale or other spirits. Although a long-time friend and fantastic navigator, Keg-Leg drinks constantly and has a bad habit of getting "three-sheets" and talking to lower-ranking shipmates about matters that do not concern them. Most of the time she is harmless, but I wonder of her 3rd watch duty spent with newcomer Sausalito.

4-Jaci Red-Handed, plunderer. My sister and loafer--her best talent is sleeping and her next best talent is pillaging and charming men out of their money. She comes in handy when we haven't made a pillage in some days; we stop @ next port and send her and Sausalito out. Works like a charm. Red-Handed gets men to buy her drinks while she takes advantage of their drunkeness; Sausalito's pick-pocketing skills are unparalleled.

5-Sausalito, deck hand, Galley Slave Sausalito recently joined the crew as a galley slave and deck hand. He works hard and seems to be vieing for more duties or a possible promotion. His eyes have been on the first mate position since Lefty's leave of the post. Sausalito is also the one I know the least about...for the simple fact that he does not know that much about himself. He is from France, his mother a widower. What he knows of his father is ever more scarce; his mother met a pirate whose name we dare not speak when she was visiting the port town of LA HAVRE, and they conceived a child. His mother, fearing that Sausalito would follow in his missing father's shoes, never told him anything about his father. His only clue is his name (Sausalito is supposedly the area in which his father was from--a Spanish Pirate whose death is so mysterious and vile that we no longer speak his name for fear of THE CURSE), Sausalito Francois Grovier. Although Sausalito did end up becoming a pirate--it seems his intentions are only to learn more about his father. I have sworn the older mates to secrecy, I will not have my ship CURSED for the curiosity of this young man. My biggest worry lies in Keg-Leg, who shares 3rd watch with Sausalito and that is her favorite time to take a few drinks from that leg of hers!

Old/New Members/Updates
Ry the Scot has taken to slacking and I have given Sausalito the task of asking him to leave our ship. Not to worry, as Ms. Jaime (p)Irate is willing and able to take over on the ship. It didn't help Ry that he didn't even remember joining the crew, as he was very drunk the night I employed him. Subsequently, Sausalito has lost his ship credentials but I told him that he can take Ry's--that Scot is walking the plank!!!!! Yarrrr Matey!!!!

+++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home