4.07.2004

Keoki-fied

I will have to admit @ some point that liking KEOKI is totally uncool. A self-proclaimed "superstar DJ," he is conceited and part of that scene of DJ's I'd rather not get into. But now having acquired KEOKI's newest (KILL THE DJ), I am liking him even more. Even downloading a song by him that I've never heard. KILL THE DJ is a mash-up, i.e., songs layered over each other, lyrics from Madonna over music from Duran Duran and shite like that. There are some definite misses, but the hits far outweigh them. The 80's music is EVERYWHERE on this CD, updating that synth-style for today's electro-youth. So yes, KEOKI may be popular and en vogue and all that--but he creates some damn good mixes that are both great to dance to as well to understand.

end more KEOKI notes

So its 9 o'clock, warm again, and I'm feeling good. Nicole is working out to be pretty good at picking up this stuff quick, and just the help she's giving me now is enough for me to catch up on other things. I stayed late today but it was really just to tie up some loose ends so I won't have to deal with them tomorrow morning and can focus on helping her. The stress is still there...but it has been alleviated 10-fold.

Wanted to go to a bar SOOOO BAD tonite. But curbed the need with some fast food and a drive around the city. I'm going to the Indy on Friday w/JD, we're gonna get Nicole and Kell to come out as well. Should be a fun time. I just have to maintain the note to self that drinking will do NOTHING except give me a headache the next day. I'll prolly just get amped on some red bulls. I have been writing down all the lil things I'm spending money on and hope to figure out my budget on Friday. What I'll prolly do is tonight start filling out the finance sheet that Keg Leg got me and be ready to allot only so much to the entertainment fund by Friday. I know I wanted to go out Saturday nite too, so I must plan well so I can hit FRIDAYS on Monday with ze comic shop crew. Blah Blah Blah I can't believe I'm blogging about organizing. I'm so uncool.

No one's online anymore when I am. It used to be like a nightly ritual to come online and chat it up with the usual suspects. Its a ghost town now--plus I'm outta the message board mindset right now. I'd rather talk to myself than post on my regular hangouts. Weird. Actually, I'm an anti-social OCD phobic, so I guess it makes perfect sense. Oh yes! I did apply to take part in the "100 poets day" or something like that @ Robin's Bookstore on the 18th. So that might be cool. They are still judging the contest that I entered and so I'm keeping those fingers crossed. I really didn't hold back with what I submitted this time. I think its time for action, not holding all my pretty poems and being stingy with what I expose and what I don't. Its all or nothing.

More trouble with Larry and Jennifer and this ridiculous and scary claim that Larry has some parental right to my Shell-Bell. It scares me so much but I'm trying to be strong and not think about it. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. His selfishness is overshadowed only by the fact that HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO KNOW SHELLY. That girl is the coolest thing since sliced bread and he is not good enough for her. Argh...my mom is being steadfast though and refuses to stop the process. This needs to be done. Shelly is part of our family and we're gonna make it legal baby!!!

I'm so glad its Thursday already. nuff said.

++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home