3.30.2004

Hellboy...the WRETCHED perspective

So Hellboy was ok. It mos def had some pretty damn cool moments, but mostly just plodded along predictably and CGI-ed like a champ. The wait was insane; JD and Eric wanted to go right after work so I walked up to South St. for a couple drinks (even though I had told Keg-Leg earlier in the day that I wasn't gonna drink this week-HA! LIES!) and some pizza skins @ Pizzeria Uno. I did laugh at some parts of the film, and some action scenes were kickass (anything with that scary guy Cronin in it was gold) but anti-climactic and a bit sophmoric--INDEED!!!!

Work went by really quick today and I managed to get to a definitive stopping point by the end of the day so that was at least a relief. I of course have TOO much planned this week and will no doubt be worn out by Thursday. Tomorrow me and Sausalito go to KILDARES to meet up with Ms. Irate and Mr. Cypher instead of our usual Monday Nite @ Friday's fare (due to my Hellboy screening). Wed. is Gorman and Wink (what could be better than a shrink followed by house music??). Luckily, Stefan Francois has this week off for the hockey league so I have a day to recover before the weekend. Saturday is my babydoll's birthday and Sunday is the Phillies game (I'm so psyched! It better be bloody warm). Our Saturday night plans have suddenly falled through so now I'm really not sure what we're doing besides dinner for JD. I'm thinking I'll surprise him with D&B's afterwards or something...

My back is killing me, no doubt from stress. I shouldn't be up this late (almost 1am) but I'm awake b/c of the movie. It was just a surreal day. It didn't even feel like I was at work...weird. Moto Kittens will prolly be jumping off the walls from sleeping all day and nite!

+++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home