4.05.2004

SYSTEM OF A DOWN--Not just for breakfast anymore...

The Horrorpops--"Miss Takes" is my favoritest song right now. Its how I feel sometimes. I left it @ work though...like a dope. Explain to me the reasoning behind being so vain while being so easy to compromise oneself for the sake of others??? I am a walking contradiction...

I'm sooooooooooo bored. All I wanted to do was come home and browse ze internet since its been so long since I've had a cable modem. But no one's online so I'm forced to entertain myself which I find hard to do when in this condition. I got my financial planning packet from Keg Leg today...her and Johnny are @ FRIDAYS...and I'm here. How am I ever going to save money if I can't spend one measly evening alone? Christ--I'm such a baby. I think I may have secured Sausalito as a travelling companion for a trip to me parent's in 2 weeks. Then the following week we head to the PITT CON. I work the next 2 Saturdays @ Ye Olde Comic Book Shoppe so I can have off for the Con. I really want to go to a few different bars this time in Harrisburg--and Stefan is the perfect companion for that--his easy going attitude relaxes me for such adventures. I just hope he doesn't flake on me...he didn't give me a definite answer...only time will tell.

So tomorrow my job may actually start taking a turn for the better, as we are getting a new person on our team, someone to take the MASTERS off me (the information I have to prepare for US Customs). I will have to start training her (I already know her through from her previous job, so at least I know she has some sort of grasp on it!) tomorrow, hoping to get her up to speed by next week. It will be very weird, but I'm hoping it will take the strain off of me and allow me to actually like my job again. Today wasn't horrendous though, and we were down one person. I was able to get all my MASTERS done and stayed late only as a precaution for tomorrow. My back is killing me, but I'm pretty sure that's my bad posture and not my stress.

Michel Gondry rants

the DIRECTORS LABEL series was created by Spike Jonze and is the neatest invention since ON DEMAND...seeing a plethora of my fave video's on one director's DVD in particular was reason for JD to purchase MICHEL GONDRY's collection for me. GONDRY is America's current geek darling as the director of CHARLIE KAUFMAN's ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND. But even the design of GONDRY's video collection is cute and appealing on its own. Set up as each song represented by a different colored pencil, you can choose to PLAY ALL, SHUFFLE, or play just select people's videos. And musicians that have worked with GONDRY are both dramatic (BJORK) and uber-modern cool (THE WHITE STRIPES). My favorite offering is DAFT PUNKS 'around the world' which features a simple choreographed dance number that is so syncopated and sychronized that it will make your head hurt thinking about it. GONDRY is the king of visual manipulation--his CHEMICAL BROTHERS and KYLIE MINOGUE vid's prove that--but the beauty of GONDRY's work is the absolute effort and precision that seem to go in every song is displayed perfectly on the screen. For $14, over 25 videos plus a short film and documetaries that I have yet to watch, this should be in your collection...like now!

end GONDRY notes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home