11.16.2005

Something Wicked This Way Comes

+++++++rant on work+++++++
Why would you want it any other way?

Christ you’re like a mother to me, and I try to make you proud. I have a job that really wasn’t what I wanted to do with my life. I graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in English and have been an office slave for the past 3 years. But I always tried to be the best worker I could and impress you and the others that have helped me get where I am in this career. I still take pride in my work even if its not my chosen path. It’s a reflection of myself in every file that I open and every email that I answer.

So when I am told to do something by your immediate supervisor, and you think it sounds like a waste of time but I might disagree and see something positive in it, why must you make me feel like the goody two shoes of the floor? I am simply extending the same courtesy and respect I give to you; by doing what I am told and doing it to the best of my ability. For you to say “you’re making ‘us’ look bad” just hurts me because if anything I would see my progress as a good thing for our team and my boss. But apparently I have decided to listen to the ‘ENEMY’ as you have deemed her. I am not going to fail for you and I’m pretty much through taking your bad attitude lightly. You know I love you and yet I am being chastised for being efficient and hardworking. What a fucking trip this is.
++++++end of rant+++++++++

Anyway, I bought the HP GOBLET OF FIRE soundtrack yesterday which also includes 3 songs by “THE WEIRD SISTERS,” or the house band for the YULE BALL that includes JARVIS COCKER (of PULP) and 2 members of RADIOHEAD. The soundtrack is just one more step in my complete and total obsession with My Fair Wizard.

I went to Bill’s after grabbing dinner at WHOLE FOODS (salad, tofu, pasta salad, roasted potatoes and cheesecake for dessert) and we watched HOUSE (fuckin’ brilliant show) and KICKING AND SCREAMING. I also saw a couple videos of WWE.com on the EDDIE GUERRERO tribute on RAW which was completely heartbreaking. The BENOIT BREAKDOWN was too much…the rabid wolverine was just balling and it was so hard not to start tearing up as well.

(((side note to myself: no need to keep doling advice out if he never respected your opinion in the first place. Why seek approval of someone who has never cared how you felt one way or another? Let him live and realize you’re just a good a person, if not better, than him and his self-importance)))

Today work is well, very annoying. For obvious reasons stated above as well as other people I’m having to deal with. I am just cranky today I guess. Stefan brought in the band CUT COPY for me to listen to but I’m saving that for the afternoon. I am supposed to go see HARRY AND THE POTTERS tonight but I am going to be 1—ALONE *and* 2—in danger of missing the beginning of LOST. Good news on the LOST front from Marcus Aurelius: the last eppy of sweeps will be KATE’s eppy, where the crux of her past will finally be revealed. Once FRECKLE’s flashback eppy is over, I will only be fiending for LOCKE’s crux story. HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET IN THAT WHEELCHAIR??? So yeah…I plan on just chilling at home on Thursday: packing and doing laundry.

I finally took my photos into RITZ to get them developed. Should be barraging the internet with new photos (even stuff from my vacation to RENO!!!) come tomorrow.
+++++++++end of transmission++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home