11.07.2005

.BEST.WEEKEND.EVER.

Current mood: anxious

Fucking A...this weekend rocked the hizzy. I must tell you the bad news first so I can revel in the fun that I had: I lost my debit card (ME AND KEG LEG are total twins with this absent-mindness thang). I left it in an ATM Saturday nite during PLEASURETOWN @ TRANSIT.

And now, the fun stuff:

FRIDAY: Bill and I met @ HIKARU, had dinner, and watched LAND OF THE DEAD (it was ok...the fact that SHAUN from SHAUN OF THE DEAD is one of the zombies is fucking brilliant though). It was a good time and I got my fix of The Ghostface Billah.

SATURDAY: chilled until it was time for NIN/QOTSA. DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 opened up and they're a 2 piece juggernaut, rocking out like nobody's business. QOTSA were good but you can tell that Nick O is not around anymore. TRENT and NIN were fucking brilliant--as always--this being my 4th time seeing them. Way more "hit-heavy" than the ELECTRIC FACTORY show but bright and loud and awesome!! They played my 2 fave songs ("ruiner" and "the wretched") so I was content. No encore--but that's normal for Trent.
After that I had Frank drop me off @ TRANSIT for TOMMIE SUNSHINE/FELIX. This was the best club experience ever but I can't talk about this now b/c I'm writing about it for JD"s blog. Details to come.

SUNDAY: I came home @ 6am sunday, fell asleep with ice cream in my bed and woke in a puddle of melted chocolate. Yes, it looked like I shite the bed. I took a shower, started laundry, went to THE BEAN CAFE and read for awhile, then rented STAR WARS REVENGE OF THE SITH and spent the nite @ Billy Boy's. :swoon:

Tonight is QOTSA in Atlantic City with matty and should be bloody awesome. I have off tomorrow again so that's a nice little thing to break up the monotony. That's all for now fuckers!!!

++++++++end of transmission++++++++


Currently listening:
Demon Days
By Gorillaz
Release date: By 24 May, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home