8.19.2005

NYC DRINK-UP 8.19.2005--Countdown to Extinction!!!



And so here we are on this Friday afternoon, as I exercise with all my will the ability to stay awake under extreme cases of boredom. I woke up this morning and packed, got all my shite together for tonight's trip to NYC. I am beyond excited...mostly to see my boy Frankie B., my partner in madness, but also to chill with Philip Clark again and some other hooligans from the comix/internet world. I have been lying low in this world for awhile--but started making appearances on JINXWORLD again and that's really about it. Its tough to know who is going to hold grudges, or take sides, or remember past mistakes, but everything seems cool now. And I'm glad to be back in many ways; although my motivation to write about the comic world again is only slightly there; Attila helped sparked that interest by sending me some amazing work for BEOWULF. I am trying to line something up for the new site as we speak.

So yes--drunken debauchery in NYC--I could not pass up the opportunity. I am just psyched to be taking a small little trip and getting away from the drama that has been going on here in Philly. I don't want to get into details but me and Stefan are about as estranged as we've ever been...and its something I'm still trying to deal with. I'm feeling slightly left out--and I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of the company but just that I'm missing out on something, anything, which is so stupid but it plants itself in my mind and doesn't leave.

Saturday I come home and then I'm meeting with Dave Ozark--we haven't hung out in awhile and he knows of my money sitch so we're just gonna sit around and watch the Eagles (you know how much I love football!) play and drink some beers. Sunday me and Ry the Scot are going to this outdoor Dj-vs-Dj party that is also free. Free is good. Last night was supposed to be mostly free but I went to TLA to get a couple movies and Rae and I just had to beat WORD DOJO b/c Manny Brown's megatouch had an extremely low score on it. We were both asleep by 11pm on the couch. I got some much needed catch-up on my rest.

Dane let me borrow a skirt for tonight and I lurve it--goes well with my new shoes which I am in total *lurve* with. Just waiting for 4:30pm to roll around so I can head off to the city that never sleeps. HUZZAH!!!

+++++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home