8.31.2005

A Noir-ish Nite

I made the statement that I would be staying in all week except for FREE walks around the neigh-borhood. This extended to FREE anything when Joely took me out. Last night I was invited to dinner with Beth, Wayne, and Jackie. Here is a quick rundown of the players @ the beginning of the night:
Beth~Ry The Scot's sister
Wayne~ Beth's husband,British, nuff said
Tre J~ We live so close to each other now we've been spending a lot of time together.
Juliet~ friends with B&W
Linelle~ fabulously loud woman who is friend's with Juliet.

We went to for cocktails and dinner to THE CONTINENTAL, martini bar and insanely good food. I was having Espresso martinis and then we moved onto red wine, Beth's fave. The food was decadent! I had chicken skewers, crab and spring rolls, and BBQ chicken quesadillas. They serve the food esp. for sharing so everyone was just picking off the plates. It was so much fun. I thought after the whole No-Libs debacle last week and my estrangement from Stefan, wouldn't be hanging out with Beth and Wayne again. But they're awesome people and they don't care about the drama. Linelle and I talked about our pets. She even had pictures of her puppies--too cute! Juliet has a gorgeous bull dog as well.

So after dinner me and Jackie went to BAR NOIR to meet her brother Sam and his volleyball partner/friend Russ. Me and Sam danced and we've made plans to go see a show @ LILY LANGTREES, this dinner/musical theater thang in KOP (its a "double date"). I'm trying not to be completely obsessing over Joely, and Sam is just being a sweetheart as usual so its all good. Just for fun and an excuse to get dressed up.

Keg-Leg met up with us at the bar for a beer. She drove me and Tre-J home and was gonna crash with me but decided to drive home. I ended up staying downstairs and falling asleep to FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS. It was a stellar night...maybe even a "tubular tuesday" (((if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had to describe it. :wink:))).

Other highlights as of late:
*I need my head shaved and am hoping Joel can do it tonight if he decides to come visit me
*Saturday I had a fantastic time with Jonathan on and around South Street...I was late for the dart team meeting b/c I went to see THE ARISTOCRATS with Care (AWESOME FUNNY HI-LARIOUS film), but we started @ O'Neals, but also made it to Copa and the NEW WAVE where many many many many games of bar crack AKA Megatouch were played. Tripping the Light Fantastic you could say
*I think its my week to water the plants but I can't remember. I did yesterday anyway so there.
*If anyone has any guesses on how Jackie's nickname became Tre-J, I would love to hear them. You'll never guess!!!
*I am going to have a salad now and its not even 11am.
++++++++++++end of transmission+++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home