8.30.2005

~Meet Joely D~


I met Joely thru the Keg Leg, WAY WAY back in the day when I was still with Bock and us kids were partying @ Kell's house on a Saturday night b/c we were too young to go to a bar.

Strike that, the first time I met Joely was @ Kyle's house (the guitarist of BEST DEATH EVER). Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the first time I ran into him. Anyway, it was a million years ago and I have run into him quite happenstance @ TEMPLE a few times (we both attended college there) and other BDE shows. (((Last night @ Monks Cafe for insanely good foreign beer and food we were trying to remember if we've seen each other since 2002; I miaintain that we have not but he seems to think there was another meeting somewhere in there.)))

The last time I saw him I got his cell # with the full intention of calling and hanging with him @ some point. That never happened as I had a new boyfriend and he had a girl and these things happen...as they are of course meant to happen.

Until Friday, August 26th, after going through yet another "crisis" with my sister and having just a shite day all around, my 2nd mate Keg Leg Kell came down to Filthy to ravage South Street. We started @ Manny Browns and ended up @ the NEW WAVE, where I've been spending so much time I should just start working there with Carey. Keg Leg and The Bastard were leaving, I got up from the Megatouch machine I was hoarding to say good bye to them and walk them out............................when who should be at the bar getting a pitcher of lager but Joely D?

I was a lil tipsy so perhaps I was a little overly happy to see him--and since Kell was staying and it was early yet, Joely invited me to join his friends for some beer, pool, and conversation. We talked about everything and nothing~drunken speak is often roundabout and inhibited. Upon leaving the NEW WAVE he came over and watched UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE, SEVEN, and ended up crashing @ my place.

Saturday morning we had breakfast @ the South St. diner and parted ways. Exchanging numbers, and knowing he was working all weekend, I restrained myself until Monday to call him. Upon which we made plans to get together again.

Dinner @ MONKS, talk of BLOC PARTY for my birthday and QUIZZO next Monday, more UCB, plans to see each other Wednesday, oh yes kittlings, a decent boy might just be in my life right now. If nothing else, he is too cute and super sweet.

I mean, for crying out loud, he refills the water filter EVERY time he gets water from the fridge. Now that is a keeper right there.

I refuse to obsess and count all my chickens before they hatch. We are having a good time and for once this month, I think things are sorta, kinda, going my way. Even if his parents are a bit of the religious zealot-type and he still lives in the suburbs. :wink:
+++++++++end of transmission++++++++++

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I'm gla dthings went well. His 'rents aren't that bad, shit they liked me most of all, he's still surprised about that one. Joel is most def a good boy. Have fun girly!!

8/30/2005 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home