7.07.2005

J HORROR FANATICS UNITE!!!

This is TOSHIO. He is the cute little spector from my favorite Asian Horror movie of all time--JU-ON//aka JUON THE GRUDGE and JUON THE CURSE. I know he's evil and can morph into a cat and all...but isn't he just adorable with his all black eyes and blue-white skin?? Yeah...I think so too.

So tomorrow DARK WATER is coming out. This is my 2nd fave Asian Horror flick. I think that story-wise--it will be easier for people to understand so therefore will probably do better business than THE GRUDGE did (although with the movie revenue slump of late may prove otherwise). The ending is pretty fukken weird though, so I can only imagine that this has been changed. Or maybe not. One can only hope for a decent representation of a genre of cinema that does not fit into the HOLLYWOOD HORROR mode. The ambiguity of many of these stories is enough to confuse the normal movie-goer. But me and RY THE SCOT, my friend in film, are going to watch DARK WATER with an open mind and if I can get one fidgety-hand scream then I will be happy.

Last night I had a slumber party with Ry until Rae got home--Stefan is at the shore so he's no doubt trying to work on his wife-beater tan. We watched NEWSRADIO and HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE (unrated). Tonight I go straight home to play darts and pick up some Framboise, then Keg-Leg and Chris Bastard are meeting me back @ the hizzy.

Tomorrow is DARK WATER and a visit with J-Z beforehand. Saturday there is a party @ an art gallery with the FUZZY BOX crew spinnin' and an open beer bar. If stefan isn't home by then I will have to take the blade of my hanzo sword to the back of his cranium. I'm just sayin.
++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home