3.29.2006

The New Obsession: MASSIVE ATTACK.




I have had JONATHAN GLAZER’s DIRECTORS LABEL dvd in my possession for months now. And I’ve talked about “karmakoma” before, the MASSIVE ATTACK song/video which is on this collection. So what’s with the sudden OCD about this song? Dunno…it’s a bloody good song and now that I have DSL I can download music again. So I’m putting together a mixed CD just to spotlight this song. Also included are:
THE SPECIALS “ghost town”
TOM JONES “Delilah”
DUSTY SPRINGFIELD “spooky”
GORILLAZ “white light”
SPARKS and FAITH NO MORE “this town ain’t big enough for the both enough” & “something for the girl with everything”
SPARKS “the rhythm thief”

It should be a nice mix of songs I don’t have on CD anywhere. And it’s a precursor to the “White Light||Alcohol” remix I’ve been putting together with Trey.

I’m getting sick…sore throat and stuffy nose. I still have a knot in my stomach from general nervousness over all kinds of situations but I’m sure I’ll get over it. I always do. Have decided NOT to take a vacay in May…at least a travel one. I think I’ll still go for some days off, maybe hit up Atlantic City or NYC for a few days. Daddy is saving the tickets for me b/c of my niece’s graduation—I may go back to Chi-Town with the fam for that.

Tonight is my final judgment on LOST. I expect to watch it and either be astounded (like I was with almost every episode from last season) or relieved to have my Wednesdays back. I’m really hoping for the former. I have also started going through the 1st season of HOUSE, and while the eppy’s back-to-back seem formulaic and predictable, I’m gonna continue it. I know that the episodes I saw from season 2 were awesome and I am willing to keep on trucking. I have to return DERAILED tonight which was alright but not at all what I thought it was going to be. I think it a great accomplishment that I got Spooky to watch such a Hollywood-type of film with me.  So I’ll consider myself satisfied with the film.

Our system at work isn’t working completely so I’m pretty darn bored today. I’m trying to decide what I want to do job-wise on many levels at the moment. Moving may be a bit more complicated than I had originally planned. But isn’t that the way it always is?

And I’m back to dual-blogging, here and myspace, b/c of myspace being blocked by work. So this is my daytime outlet. Rock and Roll.
+++++++end of transmission++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home