4.03.2005

Pope John Paul passes...and I head to SIN CITY...

SIN CITY was an entertaining movie but the dialogue seemed wooden at times (MICHAEL MADSEN was mocking it in his performance I swear) and it dragged. But the special effects used for the color, the NON CGI-dog(!), and a little bit of the old ULTRAVIOLENCE was used wisely. It didn't make me want to rush out and read more FRANK MILLER (I tried the first DARK KNIGHT series and only got about halfway in before I gave up)...but the past 2 comic related movies I've seen have moved the comic to film genre leaps and bounds forward. Glad to see they're looking past the superhero shite for a bit. :wink:

MORTONS was decadent...I got the same thing I did last time (single cut medium filet mignon and lump crab meat cocktail) and it was just as yummy. J Jonah bought me a pretty framed B&W painted pic of Kurt Cobain and I got BUST and BIZARRE magazine. Its now 3am b/c today we spring forward and it also means my fiance is 31 today. Today we cross our fingers and toes with the hope that the rain will be over by noon and we get to see the Phillies play the Orioles in a pre-game on opening day (go figure). We had the Fantasy draft today and I'm mostly happy although I have a couple areas that I"m hoping to trade for improvements. I just checked and I have one guy on the DL and one moved down to the minors. Both are pitchers. Awesome-o says lame.

A car alarm is blaring in the background and no one is fucking turning it off. Oh there it goes...thank christ. I have a few little things that need to be done but I think I'll save that for tomorrow and just end my smoking then fall asleep on the couch. But here is a list to remind myself:
1-Reply to COLUMBIA HOUSE feature
2-Fill out TEMPLE U alumni info online
3-Finish AVAILABLE LIGHT

POPE JOHN PAUL II died April 2 2005. I am a little bit sad over this but that's just sensitive me. The Pope was Polish, and my dad is Catholic, and all that jazz. 17 cardinals decide the next Pope. And if you know where my LIVEJOURNAL is and click on my FRIENDS posts you can find out some pretty insane facts about all of this in my pal Mr. Cyphere's livejournal. And mon cheri just kissed me goodnight which means I'm all alone again.

I have to go get J's prezzie tomorrow before the game, then hopefully the game, then Jonah's 'rents for cake, then home for some maxin' and relaxin'. W/o Fathead Jones b/c he done gone home to his momma. 3 van loads and he was out of the house. Forgot his coffee stuff and called to get it but we had already left the house. He sounded desperate for coffee. Cavs mentioned us having a ghost of him even though he's not dead b/c the ghost is too lazy to move with Fathead. I invited him over for a sit and some swag some time. I might miss him a little bit.
~~~sadie heX~~~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote the "great communicator" when he was trying to quote a founding father(but failed miserably)..."facts are stupid things." It's not 17 Cardinals. It's 117 Cardinals that are eligible for voting in the new Papa. It can go up to 137 as the max number.

The actual quote is "Facts are simple things."

And they each get an alter boy for their own ammusment during the duration of the conclave. :looking for lightning bolt:

4/03/2005 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mary E. Brickthrower said...

17, 117--same difference. =o)

4/03/2005 06:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home