8.16.2004

Candy is Dandy...but Liquor is Quicker...


Millar, Ze Brickthrower and Cassaday.

I am being sandwiched by the Rock Star of the Comic's Industry and the resident Hot Comic Artist of Marvel. What a way to start out Wizard World Chicago!!!
Oh yeah, new pirate shirt, that just about tops it off right there...

I don't wanna say much, b/c JD has a ton of stuff going up, and my MILLAR story covers more than just the quiz itself, so let me relate a story I'm relating to my NYC buddy Frank through a letter:

Mark is super nice. My most favorite part of the entire con came with my adventures with Koop and Mark. Koop, my con and pirate rum connection--were gellin' in KNUCKLES, waiting for Mark to get back from the lecherous bachelor party him and every other Marvel bigwig attended. Mark finally arrived, and we went to Koop's van to take a couple swigs of the good stuff. Once we were done, Koop took his leave (as a comic book dealer out to make some cash, he is an early riser for sure) and me and Mark were left to walk back to the hotel bar ourselves. Arm in arm he recounted the debauchery that took place at the strip club, and we entered the hotel from a side door. A huge round fountain was about 15 feet in front of us, and upon seeing this, the first thing Mark says is:
"Last one to the fountain is gay!"
I tell him that my drunkeness will only allow me to run and fall into the fountain, and not actually stop at it. So he takes my hand and pulls me up and onto the fountain rim. His next challenge is as follows:
"Let's see who can stand here the longest."
Him being shorter than me gave him the advantage as my neck was propped at a crooked angle and my head was lopsided on the ceiling. Finally we decided on seeing how far we could stick one foot out without falling in (which I won as Ze Brickthrower's family's long legs are the stuff of legend) and walked around the edge of the entire fountain, hand in hand. It seriously was just hella fun.

Yes yes, Mark is the man. He knows this, and manipulates that accent like Beatrix Kiddo manipulates the Hatori Honzo sword in KILL BILL. Fuck yeah. Speaking of, that's my birthday prezzie from JD. I won't be able to do anything with it except pose for pictures for it...but what cool pics they will be.

Nic is on here way over...and then I'm watching JUON 2, which I bought @ the con. I also got BATTLEFIELD BASEBALL--thanks for the tip J Rock!!!

+++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home