5.17.2005

+the PET History of Ze Brickthrower+ Part Tre.

My sister Shacky against my paren't wishes, brought home a pit bull one day. The dog had been neglected by its previous owner, being locked up all the time made it a very intimidating dog when it first came in contact with people; she barked and growled as if she was ready to tear into your face. She even had an attack sound, but the folly of the thug that kept her, the sound only made her run for the nearest tree branch and tear it off the tree. When I moved out of my parents abode, I took Christale with me. Once she became an indoor dog--her whole demeanor changed. Besides the initial barking and clambering to run out the door when it was open, she was a big baby. She seemed to have a dislike for women with white hair (the previous owner had a grandmother who REALLY neglected the dog and Christale remembered) but other than that she was a wonderful puppy. We had her for about 8 months when she stopped eating her food at a normal rate. I called the Vet, who told me that we should try changing foods, and if she ate then she was fine. I did this--and she would eat voraciously --for about a week then go back to her old habits. After a month of this I took her to the vet. They ran a Lymes Disease test...and it came back positive. She was 5 years old and the disease was very advanced.

(((**BLING BLING**Christale--Staffordshire Terrier and a face to die for.)))
We spent quite a bit of money (due to lack of pet insurance) on her--to get sonograms, x-Rays, and even tried using an IV to place fluid under her skin. This lasted for a week. On Wednesday Dec. 12th (a week after she was diagnosed) we woke up, came downstairs, and blood was covering the floor. Her kidneys had started hemorraghing. She would have to be put down. It was the saddest thing I had to experience in my life. My then-boyfriend took her to the Vet for the euthanizing b/c I didn't have the heart to watch. It rained that night but he was adamant about burying her. I was never a big fan of dogs having always been a cat person, but I cried and still cry when telling this story. Christale was a puppy at heart, a sweetheart who loves to cuddle. She is sorely missed. RIP Christale puppy!!!
+++++++++end of transmission+++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home