5.11.2005

An Apathetic Icon


...Ze Moto Demon...First pic taken with the "night" option on my digi cam, before Attila showed me how to really work it!

APATHETIC ICON, the group of 5 that put out the first collection of poetry is reuniting to publish our 2nd book. This is my new obsession and at least I have something to look forward to besides my car that I will only be able to drive for 2 months (and won't be getting until Friday). I was actually getting nervous, afraid I would have to write poems on command, but as it turns out I have more than enough so I will be able to pick and choose. A couple are pretty short so I need to see if those are worth it or not. Anyway my first draft of my section of the book (I need 10 poems, bio/photo page, title page) is due in 2 1/2 weeks and I couldn't be happier to doing something with my work again. My love.

I should be getting my resume back tomorrow from Cubed so that is something to look forward to as well. Especially after the day I had in training and the maddening monotony that my job has been reduced to. I think that the wear and tear on my relationship with my fiance has alot to do with the fact that we spend almost ALL of our time together (esp. now that I'm low on funds and staying home more) and so me scouting around for a new place is the best thing for me, best thing for us, best thing all around. I want to use my writing skills in something more than transportation. Not upset, just ready to move on.


***********LOST TALK AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!**************
Stefan came over tonight and we watched LOST--which was hella good but still confusing as all hell. KATE is an evil sneak--its been said before and I'll say it again! And goddammit--twice LOCKE was told NOT to open the hatch--once by an ex-Iraqi soldier (I <3 Sayid man! He knows about the evils of the world) and once by a scary SHINING-esque kid (who can fucking manifest polar bears so might have a little smarter than people think) and you know damn well the bastard is obsessed and is gonna open that fucker up. But in the scenes for next week they show HURLEY looking at the hatch and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY said that the number mystery will be solved...only to reveal more questions. So yeah...next week is the 2 hour finale and you know I'll be there with bells on. A-Unit called me tonight and we're gonna hit NOCTURNE afterwards so it should be hella fun. =o) (((the HOBBIT is writing again...when will the heroin be found by our little drug addict?)))
***************END LOST TALK*****************

It was so fucking hot today--outside, in work, in the house now. No air yet so I'm just trying to stay still and try not to go insane b/c I'm home alone and sorta bored, the nausea is gone but the sleeping is still restless; during the week I don't really dwell on things so I guess that's good. J Jonah is getting me a bike this weekend so I will be happy to go to and from work now--it will be much easier than walking and waiting for a bus--and I'll still be exercising so that's cool. I hope to go out during lunch as well but I really have to think about how I'm going to avoid getting--you know--A TAN :shudder:. Applying 50spf sunblock @ work just doesn't seem like it would be that much fun so the other option is wearing protective clothing and I'm actually writing about this shite so I think maybe its time to call this entry quits!!!
+++++++end of transmission++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home