2.21.2007

FACTORY GIRL, "live organs" and Hardwood Floors

So on Monday Jacob and I sorta celebrated V-Day with dinner @ HIKARU and a movie @ the Ritz.

I had the Scandanavian Roll and Jacob ordered WAY TOO MUCH sushi by ordering the “tuna platter” instead of a “tuna roll.” We felt bad about the error so we decided to take the sushi with us then just toss it in the nearest garbage can.

As we were walking to the theater we unloaded the tuna into a trash can, but not before Jacob wittingly wrote on the take-out box “LIVE ORGANS” in the hopes to befuddle the next homeless person that went rooting through that particular receptacle.

FACTORY GIRL was a good movie; as Jacob observed it was a bit too factual in its storytelling. Just in the sense that it portrayed what happened…and that’s about it. No abstract stuff going on like in THE DOORS or something like that. HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN did a great job as “the Musician” aka BOB DYLAN, GUY PEARCE was stunning as ANDY WARHOL, and SIENNA MILLER’s EDIE SEDGWICK was pretty damn delightful.

I have been spending more and more time at Jacob’s…it’s nice being there even when he’s not (although I prefer it when he’s there)…I can be totally alone and he is doing a brilliant job in renovating the place for my impending arrival. If all goes to plan then I move in with him in August when my lease is up. His 1st job was to put some sweet hardwood flooring in the living room. This turned out looking fucking AMAZING!!! He is also stripping the paint of the wood in the foyer. Also on the agenda: new tile in the bathroom and kitchen and my DREAM bedroom of semi-Moroccan deep blue with pink trim. The time he is taking to make his apt a home for the both of us is perhaps the sweetest thing ever.

Tonight I’m having dinner with Trey and playing her Nintendo Wii, which I’m psyched about. Also on the agenda is IRREVERSIBLE with Bunny and hopefully we’ll listen to a little NAMELESSNUMBERHEADMAN b/c I think they’re brilliant and want to share them with my boy.

One more full day of work, then a half day, then NYC! While I’m excited about the whole trip I am also not looking forward to doing it w/o Jacob. :sigh: I can’t help it…I’m a sap.
++++++end of transmission++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home