7.23.2006

The Pirate Rum Diaries--3 mos. later ed.

"Don't worry. I'm takin' it back." <==Randal in CLERKS 2. Check this out: WheelieBlog.Org

It's been an internet-less past week.

But then again I've also been running around like a madwoman. Which of course I am. And what do I have to show for it? This time, confusion, no money, and no more social interaction than if I had stayed home.

B/c honestly, if you hung out with me in the past week, I prolly wasn't really there. Nothing personal against anyone...it was damn nice to see some peeps that I don't usually get to hang with along with my usual crew.

I've had a reunion of sorts with 2 friends (Sausalito and Jonathan), and my only regret is not seeing my Bonny Traitor Jay enough. If anyone would've been able to call me on my personality then it would've been her.

In the meantime I saw alot of films/shows, and would like to talk about them now:
ALIAS--this is currently the new obsession©, given to me by one Philly Dave. I think I watched some season 2 (a few weeks back) and s. 3 (just Saturday) and have been pretty damn hooked. So PD hooked it up and let me borrow season 1. I'm digging on it. A very convoluted plotline similar to LOST that makes it a lot of fun to follow. But as my roommate Care Bear pointed out, Jennifer Garner only looks really hot when she's wearing some funky colored wig and going out to a club.

CLERKS 2--was supposed to go see this with Mister Mike K and friends but him and Brad were still on the road up from Florida and subsequently missed the film. Dave w/Glasses picked me up and we made it to the film which was v. fucking funny...and only a little gay @ the end. Glad I was able to check this out in the theaters and must say that my love for JASON MEWES knows no bounds. But dammit if Randal ain't the man. Hands down, the man. "SHUT UP GO BOT!"

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE--ok, this isn't new (obviously) and certainly not new to me as I saw it twice in the theater and bought it the week it came out on DVD. This is prolly my 10th or 11th viewing of said film. But I must say, that I found one scene immensely satisfying this time around and I think that may have to do with my darkened outlook on people in general. Disdain is a good word to describe it. Anyway, the scene is this: the look that Ron bores into the back of Harry's head when Dumbledore calls Potter as the 4th Triwizard champion is delightfully evil. His eyes are bloodshot setting an amazing contrast to his deep green with envy eyes; you can see his skin burning as if alit with anger.

HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN--[novel]-Shacky Red Handed gave me this book in my dreaded visit home 2 weekends ago, and I just finished tonight. It was a sometimes stirring read, sometimes disturbing (in that awkward and embarrassing sort of way), and a bit of a author trying to hard to channel Holden Caufield. Quick and entertaining read.
====end of media review===

So I've watched the pilot of Season 1 of ALIAS, and have started BAD TWIN, the novel that the character Sawyer is reading on LOST; the manuscript and supposed last work of author GARY TROUP who was lost in the flight of OCEANIC 815. Spooky.

I have to make sure they work, but I also now have HOUSE s. 1 in possession.

I got caught up on 52 this week but then got behind again. Also need to read CIVIL WAR although I heard it was pretty damn exciting.

I'm going to undertake the big project this week and rearrange my room. No going out, save Wed.; oh yeah, I'm going to have to call you back. It's "on".

I run to silence the voices in my head
it's easier to surround yourself with noise
then quiet the inside of your skull.
you try to shut it down
you don't even know what window it is.
++++++++end of transmission+++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home