10.26.2004

State of Emergency...is Where I want to be...

I really don’t know how I feel today. BLAH might be a good word to describe it…

First off, I’m not going to DRACULA’s BALL. Val and LX even offered to pay for my ticket and JD is helping me buy the rest of my costume. But the problem is money. And I don’t like going out on someone else’s dime, even if they were nice enough to offer. I’m still going to Stefan’s party, which is free, and I’m going as a CRAZY 88 still (which means I can carry around my kickass sword; at Drac’s ball I wouldn’t be able to bring it in with me). His party should be fun and LX, Val, Marc and Nicole all plan on attending so I think I can make the most of that and not worry about missing out on my favorite night of the year. Halloween is the coolest holiday hands down. Any excuse for me to wear something out of the ordinary is a good holiday.

I just spent WAY TOO MUCH money this weekend. I bought MORTAL KOMBAT DECEPTION, and alcohol, and IKEA furniture (we have a kitchen table now! This makes me infinitely happy), and the TITANIC EXHIBIT tickets for the proposal and all. I bought a blazer for my costume—money I guess I didn’t have to spend but tis too late now. Money on bills and so on. Alex Cubed commented that money comes and goes, so its nothing to trouble my pretty little head about. I wish I wouldn’t trouble my pretty little head about a great many things.

My Darick interview is in the process of edit with the aforementioned Alex, who has become my editor. So far he’s doing a great job, of course he’s only edited one piece for me but it was in a timely manner…and we all like that. The Darick story is completely based on the upcoming election. I think that its different enough to hopefully get some attention from other sites. Cross your fingers for me. I’ve been watching a lot of OZ. I’ve been slightly lethargic. I signed up for a discussion group that PALAHNIUK is actually running on B&N.com for his book DIARY. That should be pretty neat.

Frankie is going through some hard times right now and I just hope he’s ok. I’ve started getting hella excited about November’s BIG APPLE CON. Koop is getting us a room and there are a lot of cool creators that plan to be there. And its in NYC how can you beat that?

The new owner of my comic shop is interested in having me do the monthly Sunday con’s for him, so I’m planning on writing up a unofficial proposal of what would need to happen for me to do it. JD needs to be involved first off as he is the idea man. He doesn’t want to sell or take care of money or anything like that, that’s all stuff I don’t mind. I don’t know. I love knowing I’ll have my Saturdays back after this Saturday, so I don’t want this to become another burden. Owner Nick was very cool about the whole thing and talked to me very matter-of-factly and I respect that. But I think that if something seems off or certain people get involved, then I’m out. Really at this point he can take it or leave it. We may still not be getting paid for the site but its taking off, slowly but surely.

I just don’t feel like doing much of anything. I hate feeling this way…my head needs a shave…I need to wash my hair b/c its disgusting. I have comics to read and whatnot…argh…I hate when life becomes a series of things to do. And the things just keep piling up. Its gotta be the weather.
+++++++++end of transmission+++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home