10.27.2004

My thoughts on THE GRUDGE

Marcus Aurelius pointed out I hadn't really talked about THE GRUDGE on my blog and I did indeed see it opening night with JD, J-Z, Louis Cyphere, Melissa, Kurt and his son in tow. Kurt has seen it earlier in the day (he took a client to see it--how rock is that???) and so about an hour before we were scheduled to meet up with anyone, I got the phone call. Of the sound...the scary sound that is prevalent in every JUON film and then in THE GRUDGE. I called him back and cursed him out (but don't be surprised if this becomes the new scary way to "get someone" after they've seen the film).

In truth, I've seen the movie already. SHIMUZU blended together all of his previous JU-ON efforts quite nicely to create a more coherent and thrill ride of a story. There were only 2 scenes that I had no idea what was going to happen in them. TOSHIO, my boy, was different but good. I am still a fan of the TOSHIO from the second TV version the best. He's the cutest little TOSHIO there is. hehe...BILL PULLMAN was great, BUFFY was ok, and I LURVED that they used the same father as they used in all the previous films. Good move on their part. I was hoping to see BOBA @ some point...but to no avail. He needs to be in something American so people besides J-Z will know who I"m talking about.

A rather short movie, but had all my favorite parts, including making some of the parts I know and love (the elevator scene) even creepier. People in the theatre were going nuts. I want to see it again. Even after knowing the story and everything, I still had to have JD go to bed with me. And on Monday morning, I woke up early from sleeping to pee, and I could go back to bed for about half and hour b/c I was worried that TOSHIO and his mom were hovering just over my shoulder...ech.

Not having money sucks. Nevertheless, JD is being my benefactor for the rest of my costume AND for some dinner fixins' so we can have Taco's tonight. Very cool. Work is slow (knocketh on wood) and I didn't wake up with a hangover. So far, so good. Even if the lethargy is still there.
+++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home