6.30.2004

"Playing Musical Instruments"<===Val's phrase...

So this week I went from playing bass to rhythm guitar to keyboards/synth. And you know what? I'm actually bloody excited about it. I have some sort of confidence on the old piano--and damn if me mum won't be happy that those 5 years of lessons paid off (finally!).

Oh yes, I know. We're one split personality disorder of a band. But I really trust and genuinely like the people I'm playing with, and I think both of them are really intelligent people. And I lurve it and suck it up with a bendy straw each time I'm with them. Its just amusing to me how much we have clicked so far and how much strife HANDIWAX went through. That was a soap opera waiting to happen (CALIFORNIA DREAMS aside).

Anyway, I subsequently showed Bill Jemas some of my work and was criticized for my non-sensical-ness, which I totally agree with. As I replied in an email about this very subject:

Anyway, don't you see now why I write poetry??? I have all this shite in my head that is just screaming to get out, but developing into ideas and non-convoluted ones at that is extremely difficult to me. I can write a research paper every day of the week but ask me to use my organizational skills in my creative work and I go brain dead.

So it goes. And suffice it to say I've written 2 new things this week, don't really think they're poems...just a blend of words that might end up as poems someday. But one is really pretty so I'm going to scan it next...stay tuned. The other one is way to weird for me to even post here right now. But its about my life right now, and I think that says a HELLA lot.

Just watched CASTLE IN THE SKY tonight and it was really good. Also watched LOST HIGHWAY (soundtrack is in now--fucking great CD) on Sunday or Monday and need to write about it now for me next column.

JD is having a crazy Mary weekend in the burbs. We're going Saturday for a trip to ZERNS followed by a little get together for someone special's b-day. Should be a very fun time!!! Me and Keg to Da Leg will be hanging all weekend which always guarantees rawkus and rage. My own personal R&R.

So now I must scan pictures, post on message boards and play around with my key-tar that LX is loaning me, which is totally 80's rokken like dokken!

Oi! can't forget that I mailed pics to THE LEE as well as called ALEX AVELINO to see if he's been getting my emails (yes I am that crazy).

EBOLA SYNDROME--SUCKED!
MY NAIL BITING--OBSESSIVE

***Andy Lee just called!!!!***

+++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home