4.25.2005

SLOTH CON 2005


Me and Ernie Hudson--the warden of OZ dammit!!!! :)
Ernie was super nice and friendly. I had him sign THE BASKETBALL DIARIES, and explained to him my obsession with a certain time of genre that I have simply named "drug movies." He inquired if this was the look i was going for, the "heroin chic" if you will. I was thinking more KILL BILL but what can you say to ERNIE HUDSON? He was a GHOSTBUSTER dammit! And on OZ dammit! I'll let him make those comments...but if it was JIMMY PALMIOTTI that would be a different story altogether.

This con I got the least accomplished and ended up sleeping most of the time. Not that there weren't the usual suspects--ANDEELEE, DAVID MACK, RON GARNEY, HOWARD PORTER, ZEKE!, LINSNER, BILLY TUCCI, etc...but it was just a weird situation. I was writing for the site, wasn't meeting anyone particularly new, people were on edge and it just wasn't flowin' like normal. What can you do? PHILLY will have to knock my socks off or else I'm screwed for this year's upcoming CCC, as I will not have met anyone new to wax poetic about. I did get a pic with TALENT CALDWELL this time though--a definite finalist on my list'o'cute boys. EVA HOPKINS premiered a new book there that looks pretty darn nice, and as a member of the LINSNER bretheren I am happy to see her doing something solo. Her colors on DAWN: THREE TIERS have been vivid and lend well to JML's world of fantasy.

Barely saw ANDY, who is looking much thinner than last year. I barely saw KOOP for that matter but we have lost some of the same hobbies this year so I dunno...to each his own. I am really not sure if Dane and Neary enjoyed their time but they were immersed face first into a very strange culture.

I had the day off from work so I did laundry, read all my comix (((TRIGGER--why have you forsaken me?))), cleaned the rug in the bathroom, vacuumed my office, read some more SERMON ON THE MOUNT--a CUBED­³ prescribed book--watched SPANGLISH and THE DEERHUNTER and honestly wasn't too thrilled with either. Yep yep. So the moral of this story young kittlings--is that NAPSTER rules...until you have an interruption in your stream of music. Then its like when the DJ puts together a horrible mix that really isn't a mix at all and makes you want to KILL THE DJ.
~~~~sadie~~~~

1 Comments:

Blogger "crusher" said...

Winston Zeddamore! Kick ass!!!!!!

4/25/2005 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home