4.15.2005

The COMIC BOOK CONVENTION EXPERIENCE...now in 3-D

So next weekend me, J Jonah, Dane and Neary will be traveling to PITT CON 2005. Press passes secured, this was our "con season opener" last year as well. It was my second interview (ANDEELEE), I met ZEKE for the first time, and PHILIP CLARK, and I scared JIMMY PALMIOTTI. Cons are a weird thing...but I would highly recommend to anyone interested in anthropology or sociology. Seeing cosplay Manga freaks, fan boys and nerds alike concentrate in one area and worship their own brand of celebrity--its like going to DISNEYLAND or something.

This will be Dane's first con--I'm interested to see if she finds it interesting it all. ERNIE HUDSON of OZ and GHOSTBUSTERS fame will be there. I realize that I am probably the geekiest girl alive but con's are my favorite part of the year besides watching baseball. I'm just saying.

What follows are some random pics from some past conventions. I really need to put on THE OFFICE and finish browsing TOYFARE mag. That's how a girl of my social standing spends her FRIDAY eve. I'm just glad to be home. I went out with Stefan and Ry the Scot to get someone a gift. Good times. Came home early b/c I'm beat. Indeed.

That's me...and that's KEVIN SMITH. He liked my t-shirt. I was an extra on JERZEE GIRL, SMITH's film, a few months before we attended the 2003 Wizard World Philly. Kevin moves through the line, its not a walk-up think like STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN or whatever BUFFY actress shows up. Speaking of which--why isn't SPIKE anywhere ever? Or SETH GREEN? My hair was really red there. Werd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home