10.03.2004

Me and My Akuma 10.3.2004.

Me and My Akuma
met quite planned happenstance
on a crowded city street

The fire never left his eyes.
I was frightened by his stare
but ready to read the
contract.

The contract that would sell
my soul
for even more than rock
and roll...

A chance to live again.

Because, see, my heart
had stopped beating when I met
you--I lost my way and found
a mess
I must confess
in death
was the only way to find you.

My Akuma--the fire never left his eyes.
Cyclops-Style
He kept them cloaked--my dead bones
would make a fine powder dust
from the piercing
of his stare.

The bar we sat in was dense
with the crush of the soon to be dead.
Its contaminating chemical lay thinly
over skin.
but it was as close
enough to life
as I had ever been.

And was ready to sign away the soul
I stole from God himself
for a chance @ greatness.
For I had been waiting in the
wings for years, through toil
and tears...for this.

Because I needed it back
the need stronger than the pride...sometimes.

This Akuma, he pressed red hot fingertips
into my back--he
led me with dread through a crowd
and the sounds
on the streets.

so...

I pierced myself with a needle and
spilled blood for you.
And for me. My selfish ways.

Because me and My Akuma knew
there was a method to
our madness.

And the method is connection.
*edited 10.5.04*
+++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home