7.20.2004

*Jill of all trades, Master of None*
 
Do you need to be told to Rage?  Its time kittlings...oh its time.  I have news, its all creative, and that's why I'm the happiest I've been in a long while.  Not this HELL I call my job, but real shite that means something:
 
+last night was K215's first sponsored OPEN MIC @ THE WILMA THEATER.  It went SOOO bloody well I could just scream about it. I read THE SAD STORY OF LELA...retooled.  Went well.  Also did MR DIRECTOR SIR to promote the book--which 2 people bought!!! Prolly helps that I've lowered the price to $5 but hell, its all good.  Passed out my card, talked to some of my faves, only 2 people really sucked.  It was just a good crowd and K215 is doing the right thing by hosting something in Center City.  Its perfect, and the it was packed!  I'm totally helping promote the next one--AUGUST 23rd--and E-mart already said he would like to perform.  So thats hella cool.
 
+Keg Leg tipped me off to UTRECHT on Broad (which is actually right next to the WILMA so it worked out brilliantly), and so I got myself the PERFECT Toshio Blue pastel, some colored pencils, charcoals and a sketch book.  Yes, I just copy shite that I've already seen.  Yes, I basically suck.  But its fun as all hell.  To top it all off, Stefan is starting a oil paint series of sneakers on telephone wires, so I'm gonna help him with taking pictures of the ones around South Philly.  So I'm gonna get back into that as well.  I used the pastel to fix up my TOSHIO #1 drawing, which I'll be putting up on me blog tonight.
 
+DeathCurse, Bone Machine, Skull-Phonic, whatever you want to call it--THE BAND, is just fuct.  Its not a bad thing, its just weird right now.  LX knows my intentions at least.  I love playing, I want to learn the Synth, and I want to rock out.  Mike, our guitarist and main songwriter, is ITCHING to play though.  So I guess it makes me and LX feel like we have this deadline hanging over our head.  At least that's how I feel.  But practice is on Thursday, we'll do what we can, and we'll go from there.
 
+Tonight is dinner and a movie night; me and JD are watching A SIMPLE PLAN and he's making some pasta and I'm making bread and it will be nice and sweet and cute.
 
+SCRIBBLE has been resurrected!!!!  We're gonna start a small section on http://www.simplyjd.com that will house all our little poetry/prose/stories that don't have a home.  Makes me happy to have my Temple Zine back in action, if only for a small spot on our money-maker SimplyJD online...(not really a money-maker, but the springboard for the millions me and JD plan to make...heh).
 
And that's about it for now.  Tomorrow night is NOCTURNE so I'm doing laundry tonight so I can decide what the hell I'm gonna wear.  Its strictly 80's though, I may get a wrist band but only to see if OCTAVIO is spinning downstairs.  Me and E-Mart are gonna rock out to Bowie all night long!!!  **under the moonlight, the serious moonlight**
 
+++++++++++++++++end of transmission++++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home